(Senior) Full Stack Developer - Berlin
Orbica is a specialist digital geography company that develops innovative, cross-industry location data solutions, services, and products. We pride ourselves on being pioneers of the location data frontier and our purpose is to enhance billions of lives through the power of geography – no small feat. Orbica has offices in Germany and New Zealand and as geographers should, we work internationally.
We’re a tight-knit team that thrive on exploring unknown technological territories using open source and proprietary software, with a primary focus on extracting value from data and smart visualisation in engaging and powerful mediums. If you like a fun, collaborative work environment, as well as opportunities to develop your career and table tennis skills, Orbica is the fit for you. We have a plethora of super cool projects behind us: we’re spearheading location intelligence and data visualisation while working with a wide range of spatial data.
About your Role
Orbica is looking for a full time (Senior) Full-Stack Developer in Berlin. You must live and breathe software and have full stack development skills to match. You’ll be working within our team of Developers, Geospatial specialists, and Consultants to deliver geospatial IT solutions to ensure that the company can support our clients and deliver industry-leading projects.
We are looking for someone who can be an integral part of our tight-knit development and data team and collaborate with our consulting and sales colleagues. We partner closely with our clients and value strong collaboration to take their location data solutions to new heights. You’ll need to be a good listener, quick learner, inquisitive, open to ideas, have a “can-do” ethos, and be adept at developing tailored solutions for tricky problems.
About your Skills
We would prefer our (Senior) Full-Stack Developer to be qualified in computer science or similar and have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, but frankly, we’d be more impressed by an enthusiastic and inquisitive self-starter than someone who ticks all the boxes. Please show us some of your previous work! If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply.
The essential skills for this role are:
- Verbal and written English fluency.
- Web operations - deployment, operation, and maintenance of web-based applications and systems.
- Serverless computing administration.
- Cloud computing with Azure/AWS.
- Technical architecture design and integration.
- Teamwork skills and collaboration.
- Motivation - being driven to learn and grow.
- Software documentation creation.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
Any of the following skills would be nice to have as well:
- GIS - open-source geospatial stack, the Esri suite, spatial data analysis theory and tools, and data visualisation techniques.
- Mobile development.
- UX Design
- Web mapping software e.g., Mapbox, DeckGL, KeplerGL
- Consulting skills – client facing. Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on business and technical needs.
- German Language skills.
- An eye for visualisation and a creative slant that adds the X-factor to our creations.
To be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid German work visa or German residency/citizenship.
If you’re our new (Senior) Full-Stack Developer, tell us why: email us your CV and a cover letter telling us about yourself and an innovative and forward-thinking solution you have developed that’ll blow our socks off. If you include a link to your code repository or projects in production, that’s a plus!
Nicht Deine Wunschposition?
Wir sind immer auf der Suche nach talentierten und motivierten neuen Teammitgliedern und offen für Initiativbewerbungen! Einfach eine E-Mail mit Anschreiben und Lebenslauf senden.